Search This Blog

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Numero dos



     I slowly opened the horrible pink, parting a curtain (of pink) that hung directly behind it. As a peered through the hanging satin, I heard a noise that was about the most unpleasant thing that anyone could ever hear. Especially if about five seconds later you found out your supposed loving boyfriend was making it.
     You can probably guess what Crow was doing when I opened the door. Kissing someone else. I should have known it would be Mackenzie. Who else would be that cruel? But it still came as a blow because...he was accepting it. And of course, in the Talon way, he had no shirt.
     I was a bit shocked, enough so that I stood for a moment taking it in. twined together, a mess of arms and legs, moving in harmony. It was horrifying and fascinating at the same time. I mostly just wondered how? It didn't see real. I put my trust in him, hard as it had been, and now he threw it away. The whole time he was playing with me, eyes on a bigger prize. A prize that though clothing was useless unless bare minimum. A prize with perfect everything, and a normal childhood. A prize that hadn't been outlawed, hadn't been mean, hadn't dangled him over a cliff. She was better than me in every way, but it still didn’t feel right.
     Of course, Mackenzie turned around, and the world turned its back on me. Then again, the world has eyes in the back of its head.
     She smiled, perfect teeth shining. The anger started, hot and fast. I wouldn't go down without a fight. Yet another sad thing about being an enkindler.
     A scream, not really human, and not really my own, burst forth. They cowered, Crow looking as if woken from a daze. Mackenzie looked a little tired. Perhaps the effort of making out had exhausted her. Fire burst from every pore on my body, anger, frustration, and pure sad bursting through. I couldn't hold anything back. Even the emotions in the room grew. Well one emotion. Fear.
     I'm not really sure what happened after that. I know Mackenzie had to stay in the hospital wing for a while, though she out pretty quickly. And Crow? Not. A. Scratch. Quite unfair what love does.

Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment