Search This Blog

Monday, September 24, 2012

the next part

Be careful, buddies! I am posting this under threat of death! (Or something like that.) Hope you like it! (and don't kill me dancie.)



     I sat for a few minutes more, puzzling. Surely he didn’t love me? It was improbable, impossible, yet to some extent true. I loved him too, I realized with a start, but only as a friend. He was a companion to me, someone to share secrets with. That was all. But I realized for him there was something more.
     Had I imagined how his cheeks darkened slightly when he turned? Was it simply a trick of my mind? Or had, as impossible as his monochromatic form made it, had he bushed? I wondered and thought until I realized how cold I was.
     I dived under the covers and desperately tried to keep warm. Still, the chill did not leave my fingers for several minutes. I slowly closed my eyes as a wild herd of questions cased themselves around and around my head. I welcomed sleep, because it would bring peace, for a few hours at least. In the morning it would all return, and I would have to face it.
     Now there were only the black claws of sleep to drag me down.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment