Search This Blog

Saturday, September 22, 2012

The umbra again.

I made a decision, but first i must thank bibliomaniacgal for her philosophy. When in doubt, order takeout! We had takeout for dinner, and now this scene will happen! Mwa! Ha, ha! (I'm still not sure how Obsidian will react long turn. Help with that?)


     
     I opened my eyes, wondering why I was awake, and there he was, blocking me from seeing anything but his ghostly face.
     “Scoria!” I yelped. ‘Don’t do that!” he grinned and gave a soundless chuckle, pulling laughter from somewhere in my brain. He drifted down to sit on the edge of the bed, and the bed refused to acknowledge his presence as usual.
     I stared at the clock across the room. “One…. Scoria, what in the name of my vampire teddy bear did you wake me up for at one in the morning?!” I put as much emotion into this as I could while whispering. My almost parents were next door, and they didn’t know. They didn’t know anything.
     He patted the bed next to him with a semi-transparent hand and I swung my legs around to sit, shivering slightly from the cold. I turned to face him and wondered why on earth he had woken me so early.
     Scoria reached up a hand that was more solid than not and slid the eye patch off my face. I had fallen asleep with it on again. He looked at my once again damaged eye, and a hand that was once again insubstantial cupped my cheek.
     I felt him steeling himself for something before he cut the link. I wondered why he had done so, but then all thoughts were blown from my head as he leaned forward.
     A ghostly touch against my lips, like a soft wind playing across them. I squeezed my eyes shut and then opened them again, and Scoria was still there, filling my vision. I saw gray lids hiding the eyes that, more than anything else, made him different. I saw the pale hair, felt the form next to me grow more solid, felt the bed sag ever so slightly. It was then that I realized the moment for what it was.
     The kiss, for indeed it was a kiss, no matter how strange, seemed to last for an eternity. But it was little more than a minute, as I could see the clock through Scoria’s head occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment