Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Umbralife; the novel!

At first Umbralife was going to be a side plot for Endron, but then I decided the idea was too cool to be on the side. So I'm writing a whole book about it. Today is chapter one, and tomorrow is a character introduction. Today you will see two of the three main characters. See if you can guess who they are.

9 years ago;
     "Get out! you're not welcome here! out, out!" He pushed me out onto the street. The pain was all over, worse than when I had fallen off my tricycle. i could see red all over the dirty grey sidewalk.
     'Daddy?' My voice cracked.
     "Shut up!" His was yelling, face almost as red as the blood. My blood. "Get out! go away! i never want to see you again! It's your fault she... she. Never come back!" He set off on a string of words that I knew where bad, even then.
     so I ran, far as I could go. I didn't stop until dusk was falling. When the sun was almost behind the distant mountains I could run no more, and slid down the trunk of a tree.
      Water leaked out of my eyes, and splashed on the ground like the blood before. "Please!" I screamed to no one. "Tell me why! I don't want to be a monster." I curled up in a ball and murmered, to myself now, "I don't want to be a monster."
     Once the desperate, choking, sobs had calmed enough so I could speak, I looked up.

     That was the first time I saw him.

(Though these two have lots of close scenes, they are not in love.)

No comments:

Post a Comment