Search This Blog

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Part 1


 Emily was at the edge of the forest by the time we caught up with her.
     "So you're Alicia," Crow said from behind.
     She whirled around and Crow suddenly found his back pressed against a tree. "How did you find out," Emily snarled.
     Crow tried to break away. Emily pressed her right forearm against his chest, holding him there. She raised her left hand as if she was going to slap him, eyes smoldering. Crow flinched but continued to stare into her eyes. Or the one he could see.
     Emily brought her hand slashing downward through the air and Crow closed his eyes, turning his face away and exposing his cheek.   As Emily's hand cut through the air, a rope of flame bled from her fingertips. It writhed through the air, almost alive, and threatening. "Don't make me," Emily threatened. I looked on, terrified. 
     Crow swallowed. “Well, I was looking through the newspaper and saw the ad. I get the newspaper because it's good for starting fires. I mean, every once in a while I read it. The...the reason I need to start fires is because my parents run a bakery.  My mom  is wheat and stuff and dad  is metal and ro..."
     "Get to the point," Emily interrupted.
     “Well I saw the ad and it was the one I held up. I had, ah, cut the picture out  but at home there was still a picture. Then my brothers stole the article and started teasing me about girls, which is totally pointless cause I've already had like twenty girlfriends. Well, they are all bigger than me, hard to believe I know, but I couldn't get it...”
     The rope of flame went stiff, the end pointing at Cows heart. “One more tangent," Emily seethed, “And I swear I will..."
     "Alicia don't!" I yelled. I couldn't stand it anymore. One of my friends was being threatened by someone from Fire Nation, and I couldn't stand it.
     “That's not my name," she said, still glaring at Crow, not even bothering to turn around.
     “Then what is your name?” I asked. I knew as long as I could keep her talking, crow would live. That was all I could do for now.
     “that’s for me to know and for you to never find out.

2 comments:

  1. Emily can be very scary if she wishes. do you like the picture? It's rather unrelated, but it has a story.

    ReplyDelete