Search This Blog

Monday, August 13, 2012

Part 2

     "Now tell me, bird boy, how did you find out?"
     "I went to the library and looked up the real article," Crow said, all in a rush."fire nation tried to hush it up, but water managed to put out one article before they could stop the newsflow. i was luckey the library had it."
     "Fine. Seems believable enough. Now, a warning," She hissed, glancing back at me."if either of you breath a word of any of this to anyone, I will murder you."
     "You wouldn't!"I squeaked, petrified.
     "Wanna bet?" She said, her voice cold and deathly as a snakes. Right before it's about to devour a mouse.
     She let go of Crow and he slumped to the ground, exhausted from fear. She gathered her flames and and turned to the both of us. then she spoke, her voice like a hypnotists, quiet, lilting, with a hint of song.
     "forget me, forget any of this ever happened. I am nothing but a silly dream you dreamed long, long ago. Forget everything. But remember this. If anyone comes to know of the events of this night, you will be dead, quite literally. Cold as ice by morning. Or perhaps," her voice took on an edge. "Smoldering still." Then she turned her back on us and stalked into the trees.
     "I quickly rushed over to Crow. "Are you all right? Did she hurt you?"


2 comments: